Saturday, May 8, 2010

Incompetech

The Royalty free music I lisened to had a soft calming sound made up of a slow drum beat and quiet violins.
I rememeber when I was in grade 11 - my sociology teacher used to play us similiar music to this because he believed it would help us focus on our studies. I have also taken on this approach and believe it is beneficial for students to be introduced to all types of music. It would also beninfit the develop of their multi-tasking skills; listening to the music as you brainstorm ideas for a geographical task. Certain musical instruments and sounds may also prompt memory and increase memory recall of previous learning experiences.
In my sociology class, my teacher also mentioned that if you can remember the music we listened to in certain lessons, it may help with recalling what the lesson was about.

No comments:

Post a Comment