Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blog uses for students

I have browsed many Blogs on blogspot.com and have found that many people use it to communicate with their family, friends and colleagues.

One inspiring Blog was created by a family who had a child that was born with Cystic Fibrosis - a common, Life-threatening, genetic condition that causes the body to produce thick secretions that affect all of the body's organs. Particularly the lungs and digestive tract.
The family created their blog to inspire people to donate money to research on cystic fibrosis that can amount to help find a cure for this debilitating condition.

I enjoyed reading about this child and her journey through life including her experiences at school. I would like you to take a minute to think children with additional needs and about the ways in which we could teach a child in our classroom that consistently needs to have time out of class to recieve treatment. Maybe you could create a blog that resides on the child's laptop that he or she uses to communicate with you on a daily basis to keep track of lessons missed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Renae,

    I agree with you with communicating via a blog for children that miss out on alot of schooling. I feel a Wiki would also be very effective in this insstance. I have to take the time and read through some of these other blogs that are out there. I had no idea that Blogs were so popular until I started this course. It has opened my eyes up to all the ICT out there now. I thought I was tech savvy but wow, I am so not. Hope your going well. Chat real soon.

    Regards
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete